Plan of the Town and Port of Bath

Sauthier Map 1769

Surveyed and Drawn by C. J. Sauthier in May 1769

Points Labeled on the Map:

  • Road from Edenton
  • Colonel Palmer's House (Later Palmer-Marsh House)
  • St. Thomas Church
  • Burial Ground
  • Court House
  • Gaol (Jail)
  • Adams Creek (now Back Creek)
  • "Pamplickoe Sound" (Old Town Creek; now Bath Creek).

At this time, the town limits of Bath were enclosed by a fence.