The Palmer-Marsh House
Built in 1751 by Captain Michael Coutanche, the Palmer-Marsh House is the oldest home in Bath. For more information on the history of this home, please visit the Palmer Marsh House.
The house is available for tour on the hour from 10:00am to 3:00pm, Tuesdays-Saturdays.
The Bonner House
The Bonner House was built in 1830 by Joseph Bonner, and was home to the Bonner family for more than a century. The site also houses the remains of a chimney thought to have belonged to the home built by John Lawson. For more information on the history of this home, please visit the Bonner House.
The house is available for tour on the half hour from 10:30am to 3:30pm, Tuesdays-Saturdays.
The Van der Veer House
Built in 1790, the Van der Veer House is named for its 1824 owner, Jacob Van der Veer. Moved from it's original location on North Main Street, it now houses Bath's oldest exhibit. The exhibit focuses on the early history of Bath and the creation of the historic site.
The house is open for self-guided tours from 9:00am to 4:30pm, Tuesdays-Saturdays.
The AME Zion Church Lot
Visit the beautiful site of the former African Methodist Episcopal Zion Church, built in 1890s.
Bonner Point, once a part of the Bonner House property, has parking, picnic tables, benches, and lovely views of Bath Creek.
The State Dock
While the dock is currently undergoing repairs, you can still visit the lot and learn more about the remnants of one of the steam engines used in Bath.
Other areas of interest:
St. Thomas Episcopal Church
Built in 1734, St Thomas is the oldest surviving church in NC. It is located one block south of the Exhibit Center.
Located one block north of the Exhibit Center, Lawson's Walk is a peacful, tree-lined path with educational markers and excercise stations.