Are you interested in a volunteer or intern opportunity? If you have some free time and are interested in history and/or connecting with the community, we have a great variety of projects and enriching experiences to offer. If you're interested in helping, but not sure what you have to offer, come by or give us a call and we can discuss your options. You may also email Rachel at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We offer unpaid internships year-round, and our internship opportunities for college students are located on Handshake. Please email Rachel at email@example.com if you would like to discuss internship opportunities.
Past Internship Projects and Duties Include:
- Lesson plans
- Research projects to add diverse stories to our audio tour
- Creating accessibility options for visitors of all ages
- Spanish translation of multiple Museum documents, including our scavenger hunt
- Program planning
- Community engagement and outreach
- Research and creation of a Victorian mourning practices booklet for visitors
- Scavenger hunts for multiple age groups
- Public Speaking and organizing field trips
- Activity backpacks for families
If you're interested in supporting our non-profit organization, the Friends of the CSS Neuse Museum, you can donate by sending cash or a check to 100 North Queen Street, Kinston, NC 28501. Please include a note indicating that your donation is intended for the Friends of the CSS Neuse Museum. You may also donate online: https://square.link/u/0V3JN3CP. If you have any questions about our support group or you are interested in joining the board, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.