Skip to main content
Jason Bowen's Favorite Cider Apples
Jason Bowen's Favorite Apples for Cidermaking
- Most celebrated apple in the South for making cider.
- Great flavor.
- Great keeping ability.
- Jason likes its keeping ability.
- Tree bears a good crop each year.
- Flavor has a snap to it.
- Known as a major cider apple in New Jersey.
- Likes its sweetness.
- Ripens late (usually November-December).
- Rates well in terms of high sugar and tannins.
- Sub-acid with a flavor uniquely its own.
- Good flavor
- Ripens in late September or Early October