Lewis and Judy's Home

lewis and judy's home

Completed in 1997, this reconstructed building (18' x 18') represents one of the 23 slave dwellings that each one room and a small loft. These houses were once arrayed in a row along Lake Phelps. Occupancy ranged from 3 to 15 people with an average of 9 residents. Judy, her husband Lewis, four teens, one adult child, a daughter-in-law, and a grandchild shared the original home in 1843.

 

home of Lewis and Judy